HVAC Thermostat Display

Request:
Is there a way for me to keep an eye on temperatures in the studios without a PC?

It sounded so easy:


HTML table set at 90% width = instant responsive web design.

Never in all my life have I encountered a more secretive shadow-organization that the cult known as Honeywell. Except maybe Sonitrol. I understand Sonitrol's paranoia well enough (it's tough to find security system manuals online, for instance). Honeywell could maybe claim liability fears over having some random goofball messing with building controls. I don't even care anymore.

The controller is a Java-on-chip thing that controls way more than I'd have ever imagined. If you're in a commercial building, know that there's an entirely separate building happening right above that drop ceiling. Flaps and louvers and pneumatic things and many many sensors.

The controller is also crap. ZERO upgrades for it, and I have to remove Java then install version 7.12 from a dev kit if anyone wants to connect to it. Not to mention everything being unsigned. Sloppy work, Honeywell. (thanks, though, for the form/post login page. would have never gotten in without it.)

The above just scrapes a few specific xml docs from the controllers rolling cache and sticks them in an html document.

No comments:

Post a Comment